Early movers such as GE Oil & Gas and Maersk Lines are already seeing the benefits in reducing product cycle times, lower and more flexible spare parts cost and delivery.
The key questions now are where will innovation strike next and how ready is your company to take advantage?
3D printing can help the maritime, marine and offshore industry in multiple ways, including:
- Improving spare parts manufacturing, particularly those that are getting obsolete or difficult to source/deliver
- Rapid prototyping of parts for new installations or retrofitting projects
- Replicating scale ship, rig or equipment models with detailed features
- Smoothening work flow and planning
- Speeding up performance testing
- Minimizing errors in new product development
- Reduction of warehousing space and costs with on-demand local printing